Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas Brunch

Christmas_dinner : Christmas table layout, multi-colored tape with a branch of berries

  We love to celebrate the holidays with friends and family, taking time off from our regular busy schedule allows us more quality time to visit with those we love. But our family also looks forward to some quieter moments at home with just us. We can really enjoy Fleming-time without having to do it over school work or on the way to an activity in the car.

  This year I am planning to wake up Christmas morning and relax. We'll light the fireplace (probably even if it is 70 degrees outside :). I will appreciate watching  my kiddos open their presents and stay in my jammies through the Disney parade. Later, the boys and I will take a candy cane off the tree (They are only added Christmas night. The boys wake up to find them all over the tree.) One of our traditions is to tell the legend behind the Candy Cane. (You can read it by clicking the word Candy Cane.) We also enjoy making a birthday cake for Jesus and singing happy birthday. We'll all revel in playing the new games the boys receive and relish snuggle time watching some fun Christmas movies. Pappy and G-ma Susie will drop by later in the afternoon , and we'll close the day with reading about the birth of Jesus from Luke before we head for bed.

This year I am adding Christmas brunch, as a way to give a little something special to my family. I'll pull out the nice Christmas dishes and maybe buy some pretty fresh flowers to brighten our table. Here is the menu I am thinking sounds super yum.

Menu:
Egg, spinach, swiss, and bacon casserole.
Chocolate Croissants
Oranges
Coffee with foofy creamer and Hot Chocolate

Fun, restful, and cozy yet memorable for just my immediate family and Grammy.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment